Ranchdog Rescue Adoption Agreement
It is the policy of RANCHDOG RESCUE to spay or neuter all adopted pets and to provide medical care as needed to bring them to good health & adoptability. To help cover this expense, we charge an adoption fee. This will help to defray the costs we have incurred while this animal was in our care & to ensure that funds will be available to help the next animal who needs us.
M / F Age______________________Spayed/Neutered YES / NO
Adoption Fee $_________________________________
Owner name (Print)___________________________________________
Phone (H) ________________________(W)___________________________
RanchDog Rescue Representative
I agree to the following provisions
1. I agree to have the dog spayed or neutered (if not already done) within 45 days, or by 6 months of age.
2. I agree to take the dog to a veterinarian for routine examinations and care, to keep the animal free of parasites, and to provide immediate veterinary care in the event the animal becomes ill or is injured.
3. I agree to provide not only creature comforts, but also to love and provide the emotional security necessary to the animal's well being. I agree to provide the dog with all the care and attention necessary to ensure the health and well being of the dog. This will include providing at all times food, fresh water, exercise and medical care, grooming and a loving, safe, healthy environment for the dog.
4. I agree to have proper collar and ID with current information on my pet at all times. A CHOKE CHAIN SHALL NEVER BE LEFT ON A DOG OFF LEASH.
5. I will keep this dog as a member of the family. I agree to never allow the dog to be used for an experimental purpose, chained, or life kenneled. This pet will not ride in the back of a truck on public roads unless in a crate which is secured.
6. I agree to comply with all state and local laws pertaining to ownership of the dog, including those laws requiring licensing of the dog within 30 days. I agree to redeem the dog promptly (within 24-36 hours) if the dog is picked up by an animal control agency.
7. If I am unwilling or unable to retain ownership of the animal, I understand that I am to return the animal to Ranchdog Rescue. I WILL NOT SELL, GIVE AWAY OR TURN THE DOG OVER TO ANY PERSON(S), AGENCY OR ORGANIZATION (including Animal Control) WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF Ranchdog Rescue. ANY TRANSFER OF THE DOG WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION WILL BE MADE KNOWINGLY
8. I agree to allow Ranchdog Rescue to inspect my home and yard, and if any violation of this contract is found, I agree to allow the agent of Ranchdog Rescue to remove the dog from the premises, and entry shall not constitute a trespass.
9. I understand and agree that any breach of one through seven of this contract constitutes grounds for Ranchdog Rescue to rescind this contract, in which case ownership will revert to Ranchdog Rescue. The animal must be surrendered to a Ranchdog Rescue agent upon demand. I agree to pay the court costs and reasonable attorney fees incurred by Ranchdog Rescue in enforcing this contract.
Thank you for choosing to adopt!!
Low Cost Spay Neuter Clinics
TCAP www.texasforthem.org 1-866-310-7387